Return to At Large Study Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: PHXbird
Date/Time: Wed, November 29, 2000 at 2:45 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Support...

Your post:
"Something needs to change.  Right now, my At Large Membership feels fairly worthless.  As large a pain-in-the-ass as it is, right now, the alternate root seems more attractive every day.  If I start spending my money in the alternate root, instead of ICANN's root, maybe I can help shut down one nasty group of individuals."...is prophetic.

The internet users can shut down - or impair the effectiveness of - ANY internet-based operation.  And an alternate root system is certainly probable.

Additional thought:  There has been much conversation on the forums regarding revision and even disbanding of ICANN.  To the majority of the internet users who think this way and subscribe to acceptance of the existence of a Study Committee: Aren't you accepting the leadership of the ICANN directors and submitting to their designs?  There has been much discussion (much of it angry) regarding the decisions, actions and relationships of the Board members.  Does anyone see participation on the proposed Study Committee as hypocritical to the subjects and tones of the many negative posts?

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy