Return to At Large Study Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: August
Date/Time: Fri, December 22, 2000 at 6:45 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 15
Subject: ICANN Member at Large

I think that the ICANN Member at Large concept should be expanded and carried forth into a second year, particularly now that one year's worth of information, timetables and results can be used to compare against a second term with the same set (expanded, probably) of Members.

I believe that the first year's results are tainted by short timelines, and users new to the process (along with problems, as I understand it, with access, lost PINS in the US mail, and pages either too busy, or not always loading correctly -- after all, what server is flawless?).  ICANN needs imput from the widest range of users possible, and should have as much diversity as possible.

It is, of course, never free to conduct a process like this, but I belive that the benefit to the Internet Community is far greater than the administrative costs of another year.

Please note, as a Member at Large, this is approximately my tenth attempt to read comments.  I finally chose to post a comment, despite that fact that I cannot read other comments.  The pages simply will not load tonight.  Problems like this, combined with the short timeline of the first At Large "test" cannot yeild accurate results.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy