Return to geo Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: zenray
Date/Time: Sun, July 9, 2000 at 2:50 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.51 using XWindows/Linux 2.2.7 (Pentium)
Score: 5
Subject: at-lage manbers of ICANN directors and the reagions.

To answer the questions as asked, my not so informed opion is to group the Middel East with Asia/Australia/Pacific and the Caucasus with Eourope -  for now.  As a new at-large member I'm still getting myself informed of the issues.  My understanding is that because 5 at-large board members are up for election, one from each reagion, that 5 reagions need to be created.  If they stay with the current requirement of 9 at-large board members the world will need to be divided up into 9 reagions.  The question of which country belongs to which reagion, and the defination of what that reagion means should remain flexable.  This issue has several political problems associated with it and ICANN must be careful not to get into politics. I know thata sounds strange.

BTW, the city I live in just had a vote on weither to break up the city commission from at-large menbership into district.  The district forrces barely won.  Now everybody is arguing as to where the district lines will be drawn.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy