INEG. INC. & Assoiciates House Science Committee statement

To the House Science Committee
Subcommittee on Basic Research
c/o Mark Harrington <mark.harrington@mail.house.gov>

Re: Oversight hearing relating to
National Telecommunications and Information
Administration
Management of Internet Names and Addresses
Docket Number: 980212036-8146-02

THE AUTHOR:

Jeffrey A. Williams, Principal and Director DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR.
Java/CORBA Development Eng. Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.,
perminant member
of the board, INEG. INC., Graduate of Naval Staff & War College, Ret. Col USMC

STATEMENT:
Our (INEG. INC.) proposal for bylaws for the ICANN. This is an effort
determined by some 24,000 different Stakeholders, users, and other interested
parties
and was arrived at by unanimous vote of all of these Stakeholders which I
represent
as spokeperson.  These Bylaws have been posted at the NTIA web address
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/proposals/comments/10-05-98.htm
For your review.

  Most of the Sections of these proposed Bylaws were determined from the IFWP
process.

COMMENTA on the IANA's BYLAWS PROPOSAL:

It is our hope that this proposal will be received in the light that it is
intended, that of being honestly
concerned with the current IANA proposal in it's current form does not meet the
requirements of the
White Paper put out by the NTIA, and is not in the best interest of the vast
majority of
the Stakeholders. Nor is it our unanimous belief that the security or integrity
of the Internet can possibly
be met by the IANA's Draft-5 Bylaws proposal. For these reasons we have made a
huge effort, and at
great expense, to provide for what we collectively believe is a better
alternative.

Kindest Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.