[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dnsproc-en] Re: Suggestions for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
- To: "Christopher Ambler" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Brian E Carpenter" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [dnsproc-en] Re: Suggestions for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
- From: Joseph Friedman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:59:46 -0500
- Cc: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Ira_C._Magaziner@oa.eop.gov>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Charles.Pickering@mail.house.gov>, <Richard.Russell@mail.house.gov>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <APNIC-TALK@apnic.net>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Gil.Gutknecht@mail.house.gov>, <email@example.com>, <Tom.Davis@mail.house.gov>, <Rep.Morella@mail.house.gov>, <Jim.Wilson@mail.house.gov>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "John Wood" <email@example.com>, "Barbara Dooley" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-Reply-To: <009e01be0d97$9a7da1a0$f7ca2599@valen>
At 09:20 AM 11/11/98 -0800, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>>> Add as many new gTLDs as possible.
>>The technical opinion that the IAB reached a long while back is that
>>adding hundreds of TLDs is technically safe, but that adding
>>thousands would take us into unknown territory in terms of
>>operational scale, and should be avoided in the foreseeable future.
>The irony being that there are only a handful of companies that want
>to be registries, representing, at most, 30 TLDs.
But there are MANY generic terms that many people want to use as a TLD.