Network Solutions incompetence

Is there any authority I can appeal to when Network Solutions fails to
live up to their contract?  I registered a domain with them, paid my fees
promptly, but they never put the information into the root servers.  They
consistently ignore my email, or send me a form response saying that it's
been fixed (it wasn't).  For six months I've been hassling with them, and
I can't get a satisfactory response from them.

So, is there a higher authority I can appeal to when NSI won't cooperate?

Ken Bolingbroke
hostmaster@bolingbroke.com