[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ifwp] Re: It's been a pleasure (was: The Lesson We Got)
- To: IFWP Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [ifwp] Re: It's been a pleasure (was: The Lesson We Got)
- From: Patrick Greenwell <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 15:01:21 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Jim Dixon wrote:
> Like you I participated in this process to represent the views and
> interests of ISPs, who I expect will be badly served by whatever deal
> the IANA and NSI are stitching up between them. But before we
> criticize that deal, we need to know more about it.
I do not feel that is in any way necessary.
We are aware of the following:
1) IANA and NSI have been meeting privately to reach some agreement. This
in itself is not a bad thing.
2) However, IANA and NSI are now of the opinion that any agreement be
reached between them alone to the exclusion of everyone else. They
have no interest in any sort of compromise meeting with any other
interested parties that may have differing and completly valid
viewpoints, and they don't wish their proposal to be "voted"
Whatever the outcome, it is procedurally flawed and violates both the
letter and the spirit of the White Paper. Now is not the time for
Patrick Greenwell (800) 299-1288 v
Systems Administrator (925) 377-1212 v
NameSecure (925) 377-1414 f
Coming to the ISPF? The Forum for ISPs by ISPs http://www.ispf.com