Re: would that it were so (was) Re: NSI Stands with Internet Community

>Sorry Jay, I have to diasagree.  I think you are being naive.  NSI's taking
>the trouble to do this is the best gift the potsel/ISOC camp could have
>gotten.  There is a very large segment of this list (perhaps the majority)
>that will not support the NSI draft simple BECAUSE NSI wrote it.  I was

Fellow Internet Users,

NSI who have forwarded my comments to Mr. Don Telage.

I'm also pleased to have been instructed to bring my comments up for
discussion with Mr. Telage in Singapore next week.

As NSI is a major sponsor toward my trip to Singapore I'm fairly confident
that any issues I raise that are seen to be fair will be considered.

Please note, that:

1.  although I'm very happy with NSI's efficiency and other improvements
over the last 6-8 months, and

2.  that NSI is a major sponsor of my trip to Singapore,

It does not preclude me for representing the interests and issues and
putting constructive critisim forward to NSI.

Overall I rather like the draft.  A few points require further
clarrification, but I have no doubt this was realised before it was
published.  Put simply, dot the I's and cross the T's after there is some
lead towards and agreement.

At least NSI have left the door wide open for comment.

I would also like to further point out that as Jay has already mentioned,
NSI's posting of this draft was not published under a domain name, but
under an IP address.

>thinking earlier today that SOMEONE OUGHT to put together a draft.  Now
>that NSI has done it, good for them.  Unfortunately they did it in the
>typically NSI imperious fashion with king telage sending his PR agent
>Clough to to the actual "work" of making the announcement in this mail list.

Who makes the announcement is irrelevant. The fact being that someone took
the time to take into consideration ALL the comments that were made by you
and other fellows and designed a draft document.

It has already been said that comments and suggestions will be massaged
into the document.  Lets work with it and not REINVENT the wheel yet again.

Time is short and the more stalemates and barriers people create the harder
it will be for a generic solution.

>Don telage, I thank you for having someone come up with the draft, but
>since no one in your shop seems willing to join this discussion, let me
>suggest that you would have had a much better shot at having influence by
>having someone else float the draft as their own.

Perhaps no one from NSI's wishes to join a discussion that leads to few ports.

Adam Todd					http://adamtodd.ah.net
Business Development, Technology, Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Phone +61 2 9729 0565	- Todd Corporation	http://www.todd.inoz.com
Fax   +61 2 4659 6786	- AHNET			http://www.ah.net
			- AURSC			http://www.aursc.ah.net
Telstra Reseller and Telstra Convey Member (Not an Employee of Telstra)
    Get the DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK NOW  http://www.domainhandbook.com