Re: Domain Names and Trademarks

I think the situation of the Names should remain like they are now with
Inernic.
First comes first served.
See:  www.internic.com

If the Trademark-owners want to have their own domains, they should have
one which ends in .tmk  for example, and there a international jury should
check if this domain is not infringing worldwide.

I give you one example of registering in SPAIN:
Every company can have only one Domain. ( People are forming companies jsut
for the case of getting domains)
Private persons cannot get a Domain!
To get a Domain you have to wait 3 to 4 weeks!

Please do not let this all happen in the new Domain registration!
Like .com, .net and .org is working now, I find this very very convenient
for the Internet-User.

If a company forgets to register his domain, it's their fault, and they
shall pay for it!
Wake up, we are in the time of INTERNET!

And please, let's not make another ( One or a few) monopolies again in the
registration Business.
If it has to be made in a different way, lets make it really an open
registration, not the same way we have it here in SPAIN!

1) The name should be registered in maximum 24 hours
2) The cost should be maximum 10.--USD / Year
3) First come/first served

Have a nice weekend,
Dietmar Stefitz