Re: Statutory authority permitting the transfer of IPA assets to ARIN

Walter and all,

Walter Wright wrote:

> To All or Anyone:
>
> What Public Law authorized  the NSF agency to give, transfer or assign
> to ARIN control and/or ownership of  such an important and valuable
> public asset as the IPA  allocation system and related properties?

  Good question here Walt.  Maybe Kim Hubbard can answer that one.  To
my knowledge, none.

> What was the appriaised value of the IPA system and related properties
> at the time of the transfer?

  Good question as well.  Kim. can you answer this one.  Where is the
public review?  Walt, don't expect to get an answer...  :|

> What consideration was received by the United States of America in the
> transfer?

  Good question yet again.  And it has been ask time and time again of the ARIN
Board, without an answer.  No oversight was done to my knowledge that is
available
to public review or was available to public review before those assets of the
IPA were made.  Kim, can you help out with an answer here?  Maybe
you can Jon Postel?  Care to provide an answer?

> Walt Wright

regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.