[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tired of Waiting
- To: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Tired of Waiting
- From: Dave Crocker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:37:36 +0800
- Cc: <Synthesis@travel-net.com>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <Iana@iana.org>, <List@giaw.org>, Einar Stefferud <Stef@nma.com>, "Open RSC List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-Reply-To: <199807140832.BAA08761@condor.mhsc.com>
- References: <email@example.com>
It is difficult to get facts correct. But it really is worth trying...
At 01:32 AM 7/14/98 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>Originally, and the fubar that IOD stepped into, IANA even had a TLD
>registry set up and running. Chris even officially used the published
>process. >poof< Suddenly there was no process and the check was returned.
Poof. Let's ignore the evaluation of IOD's claim made by a judge. It was a
very strong evaluation, but let's ignore it.
>Then the scum-bags at CORE decided that the WEB name was so neat that they
Poof. It was the scumbags on the IAHC, not CORE, who chose the names.
None of the scumbags on the IAHC are part of CORE and none are trying to be
registrars, so none of are trying to make money from TLDs, but let's ignore
Poof. I've repeatedly explained the process that produced those names and
IOD wasn't relevant to it, but let's ignore that fact.
>unless pressure is brought to bear. The credibility of the process, Jon
>Postal, ISI, IANA, ISOC, IAHC, and all the rest of the GOB.NET mud-ducks is
>a stretched little thin by now. As far as we're concerned ITAG is nothing
>more than yet another delaying tactic.
Is credibility affected by failure to get basic facts correct?
Dave Crocker USA: +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting 675 Spruce Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA
fax: +1 408 273 6464 Malaysia: +60 19 329 9445
<http://www.brandenburg.com> Post Office Box 296, UPM
<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> Serdang, Selangor 43400 MY