Re: Tired of Waiting

At 12:48 PM 7/16/98 -0400, John Charles Broomfield wrote:

You've got it backwards. If IOD divested and became just the .WEB registry,
then the entire CORE cartel would be able to become .WEB registrars without
any legal challenge, or any cost or obligation to finance the registry
portion. This has been offered to the CORE leadership, and they turned it
down.

Of course, greed, stupidity, and sheer bloody-mindedness have not been
turned down.

>Well, if that is the case, and seeing that Chris can sell at $35/yr, with
>registrar AND registry integrated, why doesn't he divest from the registry
>part, just stick to the registrar part, and bundle in with CORE. His
>infastructure costs and needs to run the registry part would suddenly
>disappear, (maybe Chris can inform us of how much that part costs him in
>systems, staff and personal time, but I'd be surprised if he was managing at
>less than $10 per name. I think he has around $1000 names registered, so if
>he wants to argue that he has spent less than $10.000 I would be very
>surprised), so from his $35/yr he has maybe $10 dedicated to the registry
>business. CORE *TODAY* would charge him $15 per name, so he could "up" the
>price by $5 to $40. Seeing that you're so convinced that the CORE bunch is
>going to stay at ludicrously high prices, wow... he's going to make a
>killing!
>
>Yours, John Broomfield.

Best Regards,

Simon