Re: Tired of Waiting

>Why IOD didn't bid in the first place I can't understand...

It's very simple. IOD didn't bid in the first place because, at the
time, the IAHC was claiming that their registry would be the
ONLY registry, and that it would be run on a cost-recovery
basis. Image Online Design was not prepared to validate
this position by giving up the claim to .WEB and bid on a
contract for a hostile entity in the process. Surely you can
see that?

Image Online Design instead took (and still takes) the
position that CORE was a viable candidate to run a
registry and/or a registrar (or a number thereof) along with
many other viable entities. Indeed, until the issue of .WEB
came along, when the IAHC selected it even after knowing
that IOD had been preparing and running it for over a
year, the only contention was that CORE would be the only
registry.

Now that that issue is resolved, as nobody in CORE or POC
still holds that position, the .WEB name is the only issue
left. But we've seen where public discussion of that has
gone, so I'm not going to go into it.

--
Christopher Ambler
Personal Opinion Only