ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[2gtld-guide]

Connecting.nyc Inc. Comments on 2nd Draft Guidebook by Thomas Lowenhaupt

  • To: 2gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Connecting.nyc Inc. Comments on 2nd Draft Guidebook by Thomas Lowenhaupt
  • From: toml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:31:32 -0700

April 13, 2009

ICANN Board of Directors and Staff;

Attached are comments from Connecting.nyc Inc. on the 2nd Draft
Guidebook.

Our filing presents comments in two areas. First, it reiterates and
clarifies some of our first round comments that we believe have not been
adequately addressed. Second, it adds a new comment / suggestion on the
relationship between IDNs and city TLDs. This addition reflects a need
that was expressed to us over the past months in our ongoing community
ascertainment effort. We've not fully explored the concept with the
affected local communities but have included it here for possible
consideration as the Guidebook Development Process continues.

Regards,

Thomas Lowenhaupt, Director
Connecting.nyc Inc.