ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

comment on DAG V3

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx, 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: comment on DAG V3
  • From: amanda liu <yzbtliu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:03:15 +0800 (CST)

Dear ICANN staff,

As an ordinary netizen in China, I am thrilled to learn ICANN is going to
accept Chinese .中国as the top level domain. I am also expecting that Chinese
gTLD can be adopted in the very near future. Maybe we do not need many gTLDs of
varied categories. But I do feel that some Chinese gTLDs of specific industries
shall be developed in the interest of the social welfare.

I hope ICANN can start the new gTLD program as soon as possible.

I also would like to share my thoughts on the IPv6 Support.  In 5.2.2, it
wrote:
Applicant must provision IPv6 service for its DNS infrastructure. ICANN will
review the self-certification documentation provided by the applicant and will
test IPv6 reachability from various points on the Internet.

Here ICANN requires for compulsorily network tests to demonstrate
implementation capacity of IPv6. But IPv6 has not been widely adopted,
especially in these developing countries. So ICANN better remain this
requirement to be optional instead of being compulsory. Otherwise many
applications from small and developing countries might be blocked by this
requirement.

Respectfully submitted,

Amanda Liu