ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

gTLD Applicant Guidebook Version 3 (V3) comment

  • To: <3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: gTLD Applicant Guidebook Version 3 (V3) comment
  • From: "Scott Roberts" <sroberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:58:25 -0600

We are against the introduction of new gTLD's without a clear

and provable demand from consumers and users of the proposed extension.

Simply to add extensions because businesses want to sell them, or registries

want to operate them, is not good enough to demonstrate the need or desire
for

these extensions.

Proposed registries should be required to show and prove demand from
consumers

prior the awarding of any extension.

Furthermore, we oppose any variable domain pricing in favor of specific
dollar amount caps.

Scott Roberts, Principal Consultant

Khamma Group, LLC

sroberts@xxxxxxxxxx