ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[4gtld-guide]

Comment towards Uniform Rapid Suspension in DAGv4

  • To: <4gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment towards Uniform Rapid Suspension in DAGv4
  • From: <Marcus.Jaeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:27:03 +0200

Dear Rod and Board,

I would like to add a small comment towards the DAGv4 again in regards to
Uniform Rapid Suspension.

I still find the Uniform Rapid Suspension a very important tool with new TLD's
as from experience in the last couple of years, I learned that trademark
owners, companies do not always want to own every domain out there with typos,
etc. and therefore do not proceed towards a UDRP cause of the costs and
becoming the owner.
Most companies I deal with are cleaning their domain portfolio by reducing the
amount of owned domains and to a certain extend lack tools other than UDRP
again.
The Uniform Rapid Suspension should not be watered down as much as I tend to
interprate into the current DAGv4. It should be a faster tool than a UDRP and
also should be cheaper. The remedy should not be the same as the one for a UDRP
and should continue only to result in the suspension of the domain, so that no
profit could be made of typo's, etc.

Marcus Jaeger
Snr. Network Engineer
___________________________