ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[5gtld-guide]

New gtld - I support Internet Commerce Association's Comments

  • To: 5gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New gtld - I support Internet Commerce Association's Comments
  • From: sbarclay@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 19:50:55 -0500

Hello,
I support the comments of the Internet Commerce Association.
 Please ensure that reverse domain high-jacking is penalized with a large
monetary fines. Letting complainants continually file frivolous udrp's to
attempt to steal legitimate generic domains from domain owners is
shameful. Many times reverse domain high-jacking is found yet there is no
penalty applied to the complainant to deter this activity in the future.
A substantial deposit to file a udrp would also make generic domain
thieves think twice.

Best Regards.