ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[6gtld-evaluation]

gtld Evaluation

  • To: 6gtld-evaluation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: gtld Evaluation
  • From: Alireza Saleh <alireza@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:42:21 +0430

We are supportive of the DotAsia initiative, their continued commitment to
the community and their work to make ".ASIA" in different languages a
reality to serve the Pan Asia and Asia Pacific Internet Community.

We therefore are supportive of their comments that:
- a one-size-fits-all arbitrary percentile for regional TLD initiatives is
inappropriate
- the new gTLD process should respect the diversity and different cultural,
geopolitical and Internet community conditions for each regional initiative
- commitment from the applicant to continue (beyond the application stage)
to respond to governments in the region is more important

-
Alireza Saleh
.ir ccTLD registry of Iran