ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[6gtld-guide]

Comments on Module 2 - confusingly similar

  • To: 6gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on Module 2 - confusingly similar
  • From: Crystal Blue <crystalblueinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 20:46:51 +0100

Dear Sirs,

I wish to bring it to the attention of ICANN, that I and the parties I
represent whole-heartedly disagree with comments made earlier regarding
confusingly similar IDN gTLD strings.

Domain The Net have been operating an alternate root for many years, that
includes many of the IDN gTLDs that are likely to be applied for.
It is clear as day as to the motives behind their objection, as their
morally questionable business model is now at risk.

Let us be clear, alternate roots can never do anything other than promote
user confusion, and should be outlawed and eradicated.

To the point specifically raised, it is ridiculous to suggest to only
include "visual" when deciding if confusingly similar, audible/phonetic MUST
be considered too.
Future technologies that rely on speech recognition or for the disadvantaged
such as sight impairment must be protected.

Similarly confusing, means similarly confusing.

We urge ICANN to be vigilant and thank you for your efforts to date.

Sincerely,
Frederick Ulosov
Online Disabilities Rights Protection Grp.