ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

[alac-comments] Nominating Committee

  • To: <alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Nominating Committee
  • From: Michael Land <mland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 18:30:21 -0800

Hello,

I wish to nominate Sally Richards (Sally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) as a delegate
to the Nominating Committee. Sally is an author and technologist, and as a
member of our advisory board for the past three years, has consistently
provided our company, Coolernet Inc., with excellent advice and perspective.

I feel that she would do a fine job in finding permanent members for the
committee.

Thank you,

Michael Land
CEO Coolernet, Inc.
mland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

---------------BIO------------------

Michael Land is currently CEO of Coolernet, Inc., a software company
developing a networked media integration platform. After receiving a BA from
Harvard with Honors in 1984 and MFA from Mills in 1987, he joined Lexicon
Inc., a leading audio technology manufacturer and programmed the operating
software for the MRC, winner of a 1989 Mix Magazine TEC Award. In 1990 he
joined LucasArts Entertainment Company, a leading developer of computer
entertainment products, as head of music and sound. During his ten years
there he built and managed the audio department, widely regarded as the best
in the industry, with an annual budget of $500K. He also co-designed and
programmed LucasArts¹ patented iMUSE System for interactive music, worked
closely with project teams on technology issues and composed music for a
number of award-winning LucasArts titles. His speaking engagements include
E3 Expo, Game Developers Conference, Audio Engineering Society and the Texas
Interactive Music Conference, and he has served on the Audio Advisory Boards
for Microsoft and Apple.