ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

[alac-comments] Nominating Committee

  • To: <alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Nominating Committee
  • From: Bret Fausett <fausett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:00:44 -0800

Dear Members of the ALAC,

I would like to forward my name for your consideration when selecting At
Large members of ICANN's Nominating Committee.

I think I know most of the members of the ALAC, but for those I haven't met
or who don't know me, let me provide a few background details. I am a lawyer
in private practice with the law firm of Hancock, Rothert & Bunshoft, LLP in
Los Angeles, California. I am also a Contributing Editor with CMP Media's
family of technical publications, and for the last two and a half years,
I've written a legal and techbology column for CMP's New Architect and Web
Techniques magazines. I also maintain a weblog on ICANN-related news at
http://icann.blog.us/

I've been active in the organization of ICANN and its DNS constituent bodies
since the White Paper process, and I think I've participated in every ICANN
meeting to date, either in person or remotely. I'm well aware of ICANN's
history, it's important but limited mission, and the challenges it faces
going forward. I think I'm fairly attuned to the concerns of the At Large,
and I've always viewed "user" as my primary orientation to ICANN.

I'm prepared to make the time commitment necessary to serve ICANN on its
Nominating Committee, including the significant time necessary to consult
widely with both the ICANN community generally and the ALAC and its
subordinate bodies in particular. If elected to the Nominating Committee, I
would commit to meet with your group as often as it desired to discuss the
process and solicit recommendations and feedback.

I'm happy to address any additional details about my background and my hopes
for ICANN with any ALAC member who would like to contact me. My contact
information is below.

Thank you again for considering me for this position. Please let me know if
you'd like any additional information. If a resume or curriculum vitae is
required, I would be pleased to forward one under separate cover.

Kind regards,

       Bret

--

Bret A. Fausett