ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

[alac-comments] Membership on Selection Committee

  • To: alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Membership on Selection Committee
  • From: David Yancey <dyancey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:04:15 -0500

Sirs:

I wish to be a member of the selection committee.

My experience and qualifications are perhaps unique in their range across the computing, telecommunications, financial services, and Internet industries.

As an early systems programmer in the 1960s, I was lead designer of several of the first commercial online applications systems. As a systems engineering and marketing VP for a division of GTE, I was involved in the early 1970s in the conceptualization and marketing of packet-switching-based technology. As a senior online and systems management consultant, I have advised or consulted to IBM, Control Data, Citibank, Avco Financial Services, Banker's Trust, ITT, and numerous other companies. As general manager of Bank of America Business Services, I successfully ran one of the largest commercial data services groups in the US.

As an international systems management consultant with over 20 years experience,
and engagements in Asia, Latin America, and Europe, I can say I have a deep understanding of the information processing and services industry from a global as well as domestic US perspective.

My Internet experience is very broad, and allows me to speak for many online constituencies:

As Founder and CEO of Internet Business Forum, Inc., and as Publisher of the popular "ibiz" online business and Internet newsletters, I have been able to help more than 70,000 e-business readers shape their Internet strategies and plans.

As Founder and CEO of Adjunction LLC, a Florida-based company, I am launching what will be the world's first fully interactive advertising service for placing and managing web-based text and related messaging.

As the inventor and designer of the Find-Engine, a dramatically innovative new online listings search technology, I am at the very forefront of web-related software, indexing, and database developments. My search platform will soon be launched as the foundation for a major new family of website and other online listings search tools.

Finally, and of direct importance to my application, as principal designer of over a dozen websites, and as owner or manager of nearly 1000 domain names, I can fairly say I represent the concerns of the professional and independent webmasters.

Thank you for your consideration of my candidacy.

Sincerely,

David Yancey

CEO - Adjunction LLC
CEO - Internet Business Forum, Inc. (www.ibizCafe.com)
Managing Director - Intergen Associates

Personal and Contact Information:

I attended both the University of California at Berkeley, and New York University, where I majored in mathematical economics and operations research.

I am 59 years old, and maintain residences in Tokyo and St. Petersburg, Florida.

My US cell telephone number is 727-647-6086, and my main email address is dyancey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personal References:

Dr. Lynn met me many years ago, shortly after he accepted the position at UC Berkeley. I was then head of marketing and planning for Bank of America's business (computer) services division.

I worked at one time for Sam Armacost, Chairman of Stanford research Institute. You can contact him directly at SRI.

I am known in Japan to Dr. Tomoaki Saitoh, Director of the Management Sciences Faculty at Tokyo Science University.

In the Domain Registrar community, please feel free to ask Mr. Paul Goldstone, CEO of Domainit.com about my understanding of the industry issues.

I can supply additional professional references on request.