ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

[alac-comments] Nominating Committee

  • To: alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Nominating Committee
  • From: ABID.QURESHI@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:06:41 -0800

To Whom it May Concern:

With great enthusiasm and no reservations, I hereby nominate Jon L.
Praed to the ICAAN Nominating Committee.

Mr. Praed -- an attorney and founding partner of the Internet Law
Group -- has extensive experience in litigating cyber-fraud and
cyber-security matters.  He has a comprehensive understanding of
issues critical to the growth of the Internet, and is both well-known
and highly regarded in the Internet community.  In particular, he has
established a stellar reputation as an authority on legal issues
affecting and arising from the development of the Internet.

Relying upon a keen combination of legal scholarship, oral advocacy,
and technological understanding, he has achieved significant victories
for clients in high profile legal matters, including the cases AOL v.
LCGM, AOL v. CN Productions, and Verizon v. Ralsky.  Through his law
practice and extensive participation in conference and seminars on
various Internet topics, he offers an insightful perspective on
cutting-edge issues at the intersection of law and technology.

He is one of the most intelligent, thoughtful, objective, and rigorous
individuals whom I have had the pleasure of meeting.  I have the
utmost confidence that he would make tremendous substantive
contributions to the ICAAN Nominating Committee and give him my
highest endorsement for a position as a delegate.  If you desire any
further any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact
me.

Respectfully,

Abid R. Qureshi
Latham & Watkins LLP
555 Eleventh Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
(202) 637-2240
abid.qureshi@xxxxxx

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete all copies.

Latham & Watkins LLP