ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-comments]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[alac-comments] Nominating Committee

• To: alac-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac-comments] Nominating Committee
  • Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 12:43:20 +1300

Dear ALAC members,

I apologize for waiting till the last moment with my expression of interest.
I was waiting for the result of an opinion poll of the At Large membership on the subject of my application for consideration for a place on the NomCom.

Now 83% of those who voted expressed support for such an application I have decided to apply.

My Name is Joop Teernstra,
my email address is terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
my country of citizenship is the Netherlands and my country of residence is New Zealand

I am a director and majority owner of a small internet- oriented company and my qualifications are Master of Law and B.A. (Middle Eastern Languages).
I am fluent in Dutch, English, French, German, Arabic and Persian and spent 9 years in the Middle East and 10 years in the Far East during the course of my career.

I am  an elected Councillor of InternetNZ, the delegatee of the .nz TLD.

I have been involved in the ICANN process since the days of the White Paper.

My interest has been specifically the representation of Individuals who have registered Domain Names.

I have petitioned, with the support of around 230 members, the ICANN Board for the recognition of a new DNSO constituency and I have been largely responsible for writing its Charter.
I have attended, largely at my own expense, but with support of NSI, InternetNZ and Salzburg Seminar, 6 ICANN meetings at which I have pleaded the cause of the Individuals.
I have received the support of the DNSO's General Assembly for this cause.

I have set up the www.icannatlarge.com website with a web based Forum and attracted 1045 individual ICANN members through that site, before handing over the database to an elected supervisory Panel which has now hosted the signup facility at www.icannatlarge.org.
After sabotage of the webforum, I have revived the original website with links to the icannatlarge.org sign-up.

I have also pioneered the Polling Booth (www.pollingbooth.info) as a tool to assist with the experiment of on-line democratic decisionmaking.

Due to my long association with the ICANN process, both on the many mailing lists and with face to face meetings, I am familiar with the many personalities that might be considered suitable for a seat on the Board.
However I would always be an advocate of Polling the icannatlarge community to guide any decision making.

Joop Teernstra

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy