ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-dfir-2008]

Re: [NA-Discuss] Draft NARALO statement on ALAC review

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ALAC draft review pub comments <alac-dfir-2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Draft NARALO statement on ALAC review
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:04:07 -0700

Wendy and all,

  I am very much inclined to agree with your conclusions
and observations stated below.  I have been getting allot
of feedback from our members that express similar views
and observations that have reviewed the Draft statement.

  Additionally I personally found the Draft statement not
to come even close to reflecting what has already been
discussed vis a vi the NARALO and leaves out largely
broad user participation, input, issues, and concerns that
directly effect them and that they are aware of or have
already been effected by with no real recourse to address
such issues.  It appears to me that the ALAC seems to be
largely ignoring those concerns and issues and at times
even chastising those that bring them to the attention of
either ICANN, the GNSO, or the ALAC.  Such does not
lend itself to properly or even at all, addressing such issues
and concerns which ICANN can have either an effect on or
directly address.