ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Please can anyone help advise-

  • To: forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please can anyone help advise-
  • From: "Bruce E. McCormick" <bemc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:27:11 -0400

To anyone who can help, and as a warning to all:

I believe I am the target of an intended attack by the "jerks" (Sorry, but I am awfully aggravated right now) at SpamCop, but I might as well use one more form of check to make certain my computer is not a spambot.

On Wednesday my emails were blocked from ISPs using SpamBot; my IP address was blacklisted. I figured out that by cloning a different NICs MAC to my NAT I would be reassigned a new IP address, did so, and was OK. For almost a day. On Thursday afternoon they had my new IP address on their blacklists once again, and business communications were bouncing back to me. I am still financially struggling, just trying to keep my family in our home, and I use email attachments to send out legal contracts for equipment leasing to vendors. These people are attacking my only means to support my family. Once again I clone in a new MAC and am running; at least until about a half hour ago when an email with a contract attached was bounced back to me. This is beyond belief. I know that it wasn't the brightest when I registered on SpamCop's forums and blasted them for blacklisting dynamic IP addresses for the damage it does to innocent users, and who the heck made SpamCop God of the internet anyway? Al Gore??? But their abuse and unregulated control and denial of service of the internet to innocent victims such as I, who then have to go to their site and file to be exonerated, is beyond belief.