ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Renewal of expired Domain Name

  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Renewal of expired Domain Name
  • From: גיל איכבום Gil Eichbaum <gil_law@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:08:44 +0200

Hello,

I owned a domain-name (www.israel-law.com) which formaly expired on Jan 16, 06
due to lack of attention of me.

How ever, today - almost 2 month after, registrar
(Cheap-domainRegistration.com) doesn't release my domain name, although there
is no back-order for it from others, and demands "a fine" to release it.

As I see it, registrar must choose - either to release domain name to public,
or to allow original registrant to re-purchase it. (specially when a period of
almost 2 months has passes after expiring date.

I would appreciate your assistance cocerning the above.

Best regards,
Gil Eichbaum
Tel: + 972 3 5609090
Fax: + 972 3 5609080