ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] WHOIS impact review: Some proposed changes.

  • To: Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] WHOIS impact review: Some proposed changes.
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:20:05 +0100

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:38:51 -0500, you wrote:

>I tend to agree.  I think it;'s more appropriate for Thomas to give his own
>input, with background as described below.  If the committee wants to send
>in the impact report as well, carefully hedged, that;s fine.  But I don't
>think we have done any kind of proper survey, and I don;t want to suggest
>that we have...

I have just talked with Thomas and we thought it better to turn the
comment from an impact review directed to the task force into a
comment directed to the Names Council, which gives us until tomorrow
noon GMT to send it out. Thomas will post a revised draft as soon as
possible.

Anyway, until now, after Denise's message, I've heard Thomas,
Sebastian, Wendy and me for sending this report as a Committee
statement; you against. I've not heard anything from Erick, Clement,
Pierre, Izumi and Hong, so please speak up. Again, sorry about the
tight timeframe, but we need to conclude something.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---