ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ICANN bylaw changes on At-Large **your commentsneeded**

  • To: Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ICANN bylaw changes on At-Large **your commentsneeded**
  • From: Izumi AIZU <izumi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:28:31 +0900

Sorry for my silence.

I quite agree with let it be open now.  Most Asian societies are quite
group-oriented and it is not so easy to find individuals to apply for
membership without group/organizational influence or connection.

Capture is one thing, but maximum participation is very important
and not easy to achieve.

I have been in Geneva this week attending WSIS (World Summit on Information
Society) PrepCom2, trying to expand NGO/Civil Society participation.
So far no good, though.  (similar problem elswhere...).

I met Vittorio, briefly, among others. Too bad I cannot spend any time
with him in person. Amadeo was also there.

thanks,

izumi