ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ccNSO liaison

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ccNSO liaison
  • From: AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:07:05 +0900

At 15:53 04/12/03 +0100, you wrote:

>We also have to review the other liaison and functions (Board Liaison,
>Chair, vice Chairs, etc.). I have no idea of what the bylaws say, but I
>would expect a revision yearly, after the new members have joined. At least,
>this is what the Board and SOs do. We can either do it now (I mean in the
>next days, but we probably had to do it at our meeting here in CT, if we
>take the example of the Board and SOs)

It was my intention to discuss this in the internal meeting tomorrow, when
we discuss internal reorganization. But of course any decision about new
appointments should happen only after having moved the discussion to the
list.

Especially, I would like to get confirmation whether everyone is happy to
have me as Chair, or would rather change. I wish to continue and I think it
could be good to continue having the Chair as WGIG member from a political /
outreach point of view, but I need more support from the group in terms of
practical organizing (so we should reassess vice Chairs too).

Frankly, I was bit concerened if Vittorio is selected as the WGIG member, which again frankly we thought may not happen, he may not be spend enough energy to be ALAC chair but may have to concentrate more on WGIG. In such a case we should perhaps select a new chair to release some burdon from single person.

But now that it happened, I changed my mind. I definitely support Vittorio
being our Chair - I hope he makes more aggressive, strong leadership,
but we also need to be more supportive, collaborative because the task
ahead of us is not one any single apable person can handle.

Having said that, I would rather like to discuss more in pragmatic ways
how we can enhance our own capacity as a whole team. Frankly, we are
not doing too well. I mean in comparison with what we need to do, I do
not mean that people are not doing their best. There seems to be a
good room to improve.

So, Yes I support Vittorio being the chair, but need to visit how we
distribute the work among Chair, VC, and others as a whole.

I like to discuss this tomorrow here in Cape Town indepth, and
of course share them with those who are not here for further
improvement.

izumi

--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------