ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] transparency

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] transparency
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <Annette.Muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:01:14 +0200

report on potential (and real) conflicts of interests of ICANN board members
(being consultant, stakeholder of firms relevant in the ICANN business), I was
told, that the liasons don't have any responsibility to make their (possible)
involvements transparent. Only because they do not vote, that does not mean
they have no influence at all. If that was the case they had to resign anyhow.

So my proposol is: same rules of transparency for all board members including
liasons and for all ICANN councils and Committees including the ALAC. We too
have to prove that we do not suffer from a conflict of interest.

Annette Muehlberg