ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] ICANN approves .cat, delays .xxx

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] ICANN approves .cat, delays .xxx
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 17 Sep 2005 14:28:13 -0400

According to press reports, at Thursday's board meeting they approved .CAT
and once again punted .XXX, saying they want more revisions of the
proposed contract with domain sponsor ICM.

http://news.zdnet.com/2110-9588_22-5868953.html
http://www.networkingpipeline.com/news/170703894

I sure wish the board would open its meetings and post the results of its
deliberations more promptly on ICANN's own web site, so we don't have to
depend on third party sources even to know what they're doing.

R's,
John