ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Comittee structure

  • To: "'ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Comittee structure
  • From: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:27:46 -0300

Dear All,

As we have been discussing, we should explore new ways of performing our
work, in order to be more efficient and productive.
We also need a new structure that allows us to work closely with the
certified ALSs.

I have submit in the past different proposals on this topic, and here is a
new one, which I think reflects the opinions and concerns of most members. I
am sending only the broad ideas, and I hope we can discuss them on this
list.

1) The Chair will be the lead contact and will represent the ALAC. We will
be responsable for delegating policy work and try to lead the group to
consensus decisions. His work will be time demanding, but he/she will be
able to rely on other members and staff to get things done in a reasonable
period of time.

2) We could maintain the two vice chairs structure, but this time with clear
objectives and functions.

2a. One of them will be the Vice Chair for meetings (this will be a rotating
position, as we have been discussing). This person will be responsable for
meetings coordination and will also be responsable for representing ALAC in
that meeting. That means that this person will be the one who present our
report in the public forum, among other comittments.

2b. Other Vice Chair for At Large Structures. This person will be
responsable for leading ALAC processing of applications, calling the votes,
get in touch with members, see if the voting members have enough information
and ask for that if they don´t, informing applicants, etc. This position
will assure that we solve problems like the ones we had with America@large
and other applications. It´s a shame that we couldn´t be more efficient in
this regards.

I will be willing to serve in any of this positions. (I would even love to
chair the committee!!)

Best,

Sebastian