ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Fwd: Appeal to the ALAC

  • To: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Fwd: Appeal to the ALAC
  • From: "Clement Dzidonu" <clement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:56:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello All!!:

Good and interesting points raised by Danny Younger....
...but lets not forget that..before we launch into a debate on the pros
and cons of this suggestion....prior to the setting up of ALAC, various
permutations of Board representation for At-large were proposed by the
NAIS group (to which Izumi and myself belong) the At Large Study group
(Pierre and Denise etc) set up by ICANN. Pls refer to the archives....

These issues relating to Board representation (in what form and in what
numbers) you may recalled were hotly discussed and debated by the at large
community over months..and ICANN in its wisdom decided to set up the ALAC
structure and instead proposed an ALAC Laison to the Board.

The question is do we intend to open up this debate all over again.? If so
in what form and under what forum...And what will the implications of
opening up this debate on what ALAC is all about..what it is supposed to
be doing (working towards setting up the RALOs)etc

I don't mind opening up a discussion on any topic relevant to the issue of
ICANN and the At-Large..but we need to be clear..why we are doing it..for
what purpose...and what value-added..and more importantly where will this
lead us to etc.

Best rgds

Clement