ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Consultations on the establishment of the EURALO

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Consultations on the establishment of the EURALO
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:05:06 +0100

All,

this message has been sent in the last few days to our European ALSes, to start a public consultation on the structure and bylaws of the EURALO. While the consultation is targeted at European groups and individuals rather than at the Committee itself, you might be interested in knowing what's going on.

======
I am writing to you as a representative of an accredited ICANN At Large
Structure from Europe, and asking you to kindly circulate this message
to the appropriate structures in your organization.

As you know, the initial members of ICANN's At-Large Advisory Committee
were appointed to facilitate the establishment of Regional At Large
Organizations. It is now time to establish this organization in Europe.

The European Regional At Large Organization is meant to be a lightweight
forum for European organizations and users to meet, with the main
purpose of selecting two representatives in the At Large Advisory
Committee.

To start the process, a few of us tried to draft a set of principles for
the new organization, and collect them into a draft document, which can
be downloaded from this link:

http://bertola.eu.org/euralo_principles.pdf

It is just meant to be a starting point, as we look forward to fully
discussing our ideas with you.

To help the discussion, we established a web forum at the following URL:

http://www.isoc.be/euralo/

(The forum was kindly provided by the Belgian chapter of the Internet
Society, and we really would like to thank them.) We encourage you to
review our document and submit your comments through that forum by
February 15. After collecting all comments, a final version of the
document will be drafted and you will be asked to approve it. The
document will then be used to draft the actual Bylaws.

I am at your disposal to further explain the matter and answer any
questions you might have.

Kind regards,