ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] [Fwd: Re: [governance] RALOs without halos]

  • To: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] [Fwd: Re: [governance] RALOs without halos]
  • From: "Clement Dzidonu" <clement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 03:01:05 -0800 (PST)

Vittorio -- Good piece of history to remind us all how the ALAC/RALO
concept all started after the Accra ICANN meeting.

Surely the discussion on this subject has generated good and strong points
from all sides...To add to this..it is important to note that, the
'at-large' issue since the begining of ICANN has never lack numerous
suggestions of alternative models and concepts proposed by well-meaning
people (who do not always see eye-to-eye on the subject)..

Yes it is true that the model we are now experimenting with is a
restrictive one..and we are not even sure if this is a workable model.
Although the RALO concept is still 'work-in-progress'and it is not yet a
proven concept..every one agrees that ALAC  has clocked some progress
however minimal.

Some may be inclined to argue that...why bother...why not throw this
'yet-to-be-proven' concept away and start all over again with another
model?...We should be careful here... else we end up throwing away the
baby with the bath water.

Best rgds

Clement