ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors

  • To: "Jacqueline Morris" <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Jan 2006 22:42:38 -0500

> This sounds very workable, very much like the process that we've tried to go
> with for the current NomCom appointees

Seems reasonable to me.

> however, how do we get around the philosophy that seems to be very
> closely held by some that voting is required in order to be
> representative?

Laugh at them, I guess.  At-Large history makes it pretty clear that
voting doesn't work when you have no idea who the electorate is.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor