ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ALAC Submission on Wikis

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ALAC Submission on Wikis
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 07:38:21 +0100

Bret Fausett ha scritto:
I tried mightily to reorganize the thoughts in the wiki into a coherent paper but ultimately adopted Wendy's approach of simply submitting the entire wiki. The problem was that some of the submissions took opposing views and I did not feel that I could reconcile them or choose between them without the approval of the ALAC. My preferred approach would have been to ascribe various points of view to specific speakers, but I didn't have that information. I could not readily identify the speaker on some of the entries. I think there are some lessons here about how to best use the wiki, but I'll save them for another day.

I'm not sure whether there is any time left to do this, but we might try to see whether there is consensus among us on some points (I think there is on many) and submit a shorter, succinct comment. In any case, or if we don't have time for this now, perhaps you could just resubmit our document from three years ago - I think most of the points are already there.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...