ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] GNSO Review

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] GNSO Review
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:33:45 +0100

All,

the GNSO Review Research Team of the London School of Economics just sent me
this. You might want to take part in that.

Best,

Annette

Dear Annette Muehlberg,

ICANN GNSO Review 2006

The LSE Public Policy Group has been commissioned by ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) to carry out an independent review of the Generic Names Supporting Organisation (GNSO). GNSO is the specific part of ICANN responsible for developing and recommending to the ICANN Board policies relating to generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) such as .com, .net, .info, .museum and others.

In order to get the views of a wide range of organisations and individuals worldwide on the performance of the GNSO and its policy development on gTLDs, we have set up a website at http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org <http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org/> . We are contacting you because we are hoping you may have views on the GNSO and the management of the generic domain name system, and would be interested in taking part in this research.

We would like to get your views on:

How well the GNSO represents Internet users worldwide;

How effectively the GNSO translates these views into policies;

How transparent and open the GNSO is in its work; and

What are the main challenges for the GNSO in the next few years?

We have tried to make it as easy as possible for you to send your comments. It
would be most helpful to us if you would fill out a short online survey.
Alternatively, you could send us an email from the website or take part in the
web forum.

If you would like to fill out a survey, please click on the link on the
homepage to request a Username and Password. We can send you these details very
promptly by return email. Due to limited resources we are only able to provide
surveys in English;

If you would like to send us an email, please click on the link at the bottom
left of the homepage;

If you would like to post a comment on our web forum, then please click on the
link at the bottom right of the homepage.

We very much hope that you will participate in this research in one or more of
these ways. Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues who may also
want to take part.

http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org <http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org/>

Yours gratefully,

GNSO Review Research Team