ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: press conference

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: press conference
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:39:43 -0500

Some items for a press conference:

Voice our disappointment with the Verisign settlement
Voice our disappointment over slow new gTLD rollout
Voice our disappointment with lack of progress on new gTLD apps (.xxx)
Voice our disappointment with lack of response from ICANN on any of above

Make ICANN Board pay attention to ALAC and give a response (because if they don't respond to us, they might respond to journalists calling for ICANN Board comment, or at least we'll have the "no comment" on the record)

--Wendy

-- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org