ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] APRALO drafts on MOU and bylaws

  • To: ALAC Hong <hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ALAC Izumi AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>, ALAC Siavash <shahshah@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] APRALO drafts on MOU and bylaws
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:12:41 +0200

Here, some thoughts for discussion to the draft of MOU and draft of bylaws for the APRALO:

Draft of bylaws:
- It would be good to give individual members the possibility to take part.
- The principle of consensus for every issue bares the risk, that the APRALO work might get blocaded.
- There could be more description of online working methods.
- It is useful to link an Annual General Meeting to an ICANN Meeting or an other important Internet Conference.

Draft of MOU:
- It is very long. Too many details rather attract lawyers than volunteers for work on internet consumer protection ;-) . Too many details tend to cause bureaucracy.
- The MOU should be about: ICANN recognizing the (AP)RALO. What does the RALO do, what does ICANN do. RALO gives advice and organizes workshops, does outreach. ICANN gives information and financing of eg. a part time secretariat job, workshops, studies, translations and has the right to ask for special advice on certain issues.

This is work in progress. Please help us to prepare the RALO workshop in June, in Marrakech by writing down all the questions, thoughts, difficulties and proposals you have in building up and structuring a Regional At-Large Organisation.

In June we have the great chance to discuss on a global level all the drafts on MOUs and bylaws made by the regions and share our thoughts and experiences which will help all of us to finalize our regional structures.

Best

Annette
ALAC Chair