ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Report from Board Liaison

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Report from Board Liaison
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:25:24 +0200

Roberto Gaetano ha scritto:
A matter that is relevant for us, is the approval by the Board of the Ombudsman reports and recommendations. While the content of the Ombudsman is confidential by its very nature, also to preserve anonimity of the complainants, we all know that one of the issues on the table was the lengthy process of ALAC in getting the ALSes approved. I did report that ALAC is alredy getting its act together, and that we have several applications in the pipeline that are being worked on. This means that ***we need to process all pending applications as a HIGH PRIORITY*** (sorry for shouting, but I'm losing my temper here), including communicating to the ALSes for which we need further information before taking a decision, or for which we would need more time because there's no consensus, the reason for the delay.

I would suggest we set a deadline after which the vote is called, no matter what happened before.
I think we should vote on all the currently pending applications in the next couple of weeks.

Another issue - is the Board discussing about the process for ICANN reforms, whether to set up a committee, how to participate in the definition of the new "enhanced cooperation"...?
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...