[alac] ALAC Marrakech planning wiki
At 10:00 PM 5/27/2006 +0200, Annette Muehlberg wrote:
I think, the wiki idea for developing the agenda was very good.
We planned the RALO workshop, I think, for sunday
Suggested items for the agenda:
10 min overview of how we got here (past membership experiments, concerns addressed by this model, concerns generated by this model)
5 min overviews of the RALO experience in each region, with opportunity for input from region's individuals if they're in the audience
- should we send out questionnaires to the accredited ALSs asking them, e.g., how they feel about their ICANN participation; how they'd like to help; what, if anything they'd like to change?
- where it's in progress, what template documents could make the process easier
- where it's not in progress, what are the barriers to RALO formation
- what's been tried, what's worked, what's failed
How can individuals impact ICANN decision-making?
On what issues do individual Internet users want to impact ICANN? on what issues should they?
Open questions and alternatives
- should the same models apply to all regions?
- should ALS/RALO/ALAC have Board votes? GNSO Council votes?
- should individuals form constituencies instead of or in addition to ALS-RALOs?
I see this as a three-hour to half-day workshop.
and wanted to focus on IDNs and put a special focus on the african region.