ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] IDN Schedule

  • To: <hongxue@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] IDN Schedule
  • From: "Tina Dam" <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:51:55 -0700

Dear Hong, I did not see this email before I replied to your previous
message. I hope the ALAC will find the draft agenda useful. I have copied it
below here for all members to view. While it is not public yet I was merely
holding it back in order for staff to be able to finalized the various
timeslots, so please only regard this as a draft suggestion.

Best regards,

Tina Dam
Director, IDN Programs &
Chief gTLD Registry Liaison
ICANN

Office: +1-310-301-5838
Cell: +1-310-862-2026

As you will note, the IDN workshop will this time be split into two half
days. There are several reasons for this, one being that people usually burn
out in a full-day IDN workshop (the material and detail are simply too much
for participants to be able to focus an entire day), another being that it
allows the constituencies and other groups to discuss the outcome from the
first IDN session (Sunday) during the constituency days on the Monday.

Draft IDN Workshop Agenda, Sunday, June 25, 2006:

Time: 15.00 - 18.00

I       Opening remarks, review of IDN schedule for the Morocco meeting
(15.00 - 15.15)

II      Presentation: Basic IDN information (15.15 - 15.45)

III     Review of the GNSO preliminary policy issues report (15.45 - 16.45)

        The preliminary report is available at
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/idn-tlds/issues-report-28may06.htm Online
comments are very welcomed and will be discussed during this session.
Comments on the report can be posted to idn-tlds-comments@xxxxxxxxx and
viewed at http://forum.icann.org/lists/idn-tlds-comments.

Panel Members: (to be announced)

IV     Afternoon break (16.45 - 17.00)

V       Review of the GAC IDN work activities (17.00 - 17.45)

VI     Closing remarks, review of process moving forward (17.45 - 18.00)

----------------

Draft Workshop Agenda, Tuesday, June 27, 2006,

Time: 15.30-19.00

I     Opening remarks, review of schedule and preliminary results from
Sunday (15.30-16.00)

II    Presentation: Technical Issues with IDNs  (16.00 - 16.30)

III     IDN TLD initiatives (16.30 - 17.30)

        Panel: (to be announced)

VI    Presentations: Focus on regional activities (17.30 - 19.00)

        Presenters: (to be announced)

V     Closing remarks