ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] notes on today's meeting

  • To: "Nick Ashton-Hart" <nashton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] notes on today's meeting
  • From: "Jacqueline Morris" <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:33:58 -0400

meeting notes are posted where?

On 12/8/06, Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have added all this to the meeting notes I have from the earlier, election segment, to create a meeting summary... If anyone else has meeting notes send 'em on over :)

On 08/12/06, John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ---------------------------------------
> == Short term operational plan ==
>
> -- Pick vice chairs by the 15th, vote by the 22nd if need be
>
> -- Pick five members for the post-apocalypse ICANN
>
> -- Plan activities from now to Lisbon meeting
>
> Bret, on GNSO:
>
> -- WHOIS taskforce, GTLD taskforce, Policy Development Process on
> contractual positions.  Bret will brief Alan, they'll decide who
> works on which.
>
> ALAC asked for Domain Name Tasting issues report on its way, which
> will go to GNSO council, 10-15 days to review, decide whether to start
> a PDP.  If yes, there's a GNSO task force.
>
> Suggest Annette ask Paul Twomey on behalf of the ALAC to create an
> issues report on issues re domain name tasting per our resolution. We
> can suggest issues to be covered in the report.
>
> Question of management of the icannalac web site, is it the job of the
> vice chair for outreach, paid position possibly Jean, something else?
>

> == GAC status == ( Bertrand la Chapelle)
>
> Discusses the way that governments work in the GAC, traditionally
> negotiation toward written documents.
>
> Starts with example of WHOIS.
>
> Annette suggests we identify areas of common areas of interest.
>
> On GTLDs, question of whether pure market driven approach is correct,
> or add classes of various sorts.  GAC and ALAC can work on being
> sure broad based process to decide.
>
> == Domain names guide ==
>
> John will coordinate,  finish on  July 1, perhaps for PR meeting.
>
> == New web and mail stuff == (Nick)
>
> Mailman mailing lists, three per region
>
> ALS application page now in multiple languages.  Applications can be in
> any language, staff will normalize to English for us.
>
> ICANN has Socialtext as their wiki, each region has an area which it
> can manage itself.  Invitations sent out to various people to allow
> setting up passwords.

-- -- Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
PO Box 32160
London N4 2XY
United Kingdom
UK Tel: +44 (20) 8800-1011
USA Tel: +1 (202) 657-5460
Fax: +44 (20) 7681-3135
mobile: +44 (7774) 932798
Win IM: ashtonhart@xxxxxxxxxxx / AIM/iSight: nashtonhart@xxxxxxx /
Skype: nashtonhart
Online Bio:   https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashtonhart

FESTIVE GREETINGS! As per usual, in lieu of cards for friends and
colleagues, I have made a donation in your name to Medecins Sans
Frontieres, to help them provide medical care to those much less
fortunate than ourselves.

-- Jacqueline Morris www.carnivalondenet.com T&T Music and videos online