ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [alac] Re: Reply from ALAC Chair

• To: fowlie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: Reply from ALAC Chair
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:10:46 -0500

Dear Frank,

While I appreciate your attention to procedural fairness, I think it is only fair to note that these are overlapping holidays in many parts of the world, and your initial communication to the Committee on this matter was misdirected to our former chair.

Please also remember that the ALAC Committee are all volunteers. I consider the procedural hurdles the ALAC faces (and at times, regrettably, passes on to ALS applicants) to be problems with ICANN's structure for individual involvement more than problems personal to the Committee. A structure that enabled individual Internet users greater representation in ICANN decisionmaking would take a great deal of unnecessary pressure off these approval mechanisms.

Thank you,
--Wendy

At 11:46 AM 1/5/2007, Frank Fowlie wrote:
Dear Annette,

Thank you for your email. I begin by noting that this is the third time that the response time has been moved. I also restate my earlier comment that one of my concerns is that the overall delay towards the applicant is compounded.

I continue to await your response.

I again offer the invitation to individual members of the ALAC to contact me diretly with any information they may wish to share.

Frank Fowlie
Ombudsman
ICANN

-----Original Message----- From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx> Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:57:24 To:fowlie@xxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Reply from ALAC Chair

Dear Frank,

my answer is ready, but I could not get back to the committee yet -
weekend is a better time for volunteers. So if it is ok with you  I
would like to send the answer to you, that you have it when you start
work on monday morning. Is that ok with you? Otherwise we could get in
touch today.

All the best

Annette

Frank Fowlie schrieb:
> Super, thank you. I look forward to your information.
>
> Frank Fowlie
> Ombudsman
> ICANN
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:49:01
> To:fowlie@xxxxxxxxx
> Cc:Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Reply from ALAC Chair
>
> Dear Frank,
>
> Happy new year to you too.
> You will receive the reply tomorrow.
>
> Best regards
>
> Annette
>
>
> Frank Fowlie schrieb:
>
>> Happy new year Nick and Annette.
>>
>> I am writing to advise that I have yet to have a reply, either by email or voice, to my requests for information from the ALAC chair. In my previous correspondence I had asked for a response by January 3. This has not been replied to.
>>
>> As Bylaw V allows the Ombudsman access to all information held by ICANN, and as I wish to be as fair and balanced in my evaluation as possible, a response on these issues by the ALAC committee is not only desireable, but ethical.
>>
>> May I please receive a firm (but short) date as to when I may receive the response from the Chair? Due to the time lag, I would prefer to have this on the record, and to receive this by email, as well as the response itself.
>>
>> I note that the delay in responding to my Office compounds any delay issue with respect to the applicant.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> Frank Fowlie
>> Ombudsman
>> ICANN
>>
>>
>>

--