ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Re: Reply from ALAC Chair

  • To: fowlie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: Reply from ALAC Chair
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:10:46 -0500

Dear Frank,

While I appreciate your attention to procedural fairness, I think it is only fair to note that these are overlapping holidays in many parts of the world, and your initial communication to the Committee on this matter was misdirected to our former chair.

Please also remember that the ALAC Committee are all volunteers. I consider the procedural hurdles the ALAC faces (and at times, regrettably, passes on to ALS applicants) to be problems with ICANN's structure for individual involvement more than problems personal to the Committee. A structure that enabled individual Internet users greater representation in ICANN decisionmaking would take a great deal of unnecessary pressure off these approval mechanisms.

Thank you,
--Wendy