ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[allocationmethods]

Cyber Conflict Studies Association Comments on ICANN Single Letter Domains

  • To: <allocationmethods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Cyber Conflict Studies Association Comments on ICANN Single Letter Domains
  • From: "Sheri Donahue" <sdonahue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:27:40 -0500

Dear Dr. Twomey,

The Cyber Conflict Studies Association (CCSA) is a U.S.-based non-profit
organization focused on understanding and establishing dialogue regarding
emerging issues of conflict in cyberspace, particularly the Internet.  We
understand the role ICANN has played in ensuring the unique identifier
system for the Internet.   We are glad to see ICANN put issues of security
and stability at the core of its strategic planning agenda and we would like
to take a moment of your time to address the establishment of single letter
domains.

The CCSA believes that the establishment of single letter domains will
expand the opportunities for ICANN to use its resources to pursue greater
security in and among the TLD and registrar communities.  CCSA also believes
that ICANN must continue its efforts to deal with inappropriate uses of
domain names, combat growing risks from botnets, and foster a dialogue on
security and stability across its broad stakeholder base.

The Cyber Conflict Studies Association appreciates the opportunity to
provide input into the ICANN's strategic issues.  We hope to be a more
active participant in the dialogue in Internet security, stability and
conflict resolution and continue to see ICANN as a future partner.

Sincerely,

Dr. James Mulvenon

Chairman, Board of Directors

Cyber Conflict Studies Association