- To: atrt-public-input@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Comment periods
- From: Kieren McCarthy <kierenmccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:04:16 -0700
Just as a note. As of today, there are no less than 20 - twenty - different
comment periods open.
* There are too many comment periods - and they are not given any kind of
rating that enables people to discern their importance
* There is no process for deciding when and for what a public comment is
* Comment periods are announced passively and often with nothing more than a
big document and "what do you think of this?"
* Comment periods are used too frequently as a substitute for actually
talking to people and building consensus
* Comment periods are enormously ineffective at gathering feedback, and
* The public comment process is in desperate need of reform but despite
several very loud calls for just that, nothing has yet been done