ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[atrt-questions-2010]

Personal Comments on ICANN's Receiving Inputs from Non-English Speaking Communities

  • To: <atrt-questions-2010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Personal Comments on ICANN's Receiving Inputs from Non-English Speaking Communities
  • From: "Limei Liu" <liulm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:41:00 +0800

To whom it may be concerned,

I am Limei from China Organizational Name Administration Center (CONAC),
writing on my own behalf. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to ATRT’s
questions on ICANN’s accountability and transparency. My comments focus on how
ICANN receives input from non-English speaking communities.

To enlarge the input from non-English speaking communities, ICANN shall
highlight the importance of document translation and conference interpretation
to ensure broad public participation and transparency. Although ICANN has made
some efforts in this field, I believe much more effort should be made.

Attached pls find my suggestions on ICANN’s document translation and conference
simultaneous interpretation, which I hope can be helpful in expanding the input
from non-English speaking communities and enhancing the transparency of ICANN.

Respectfully submitted,

Limei Liu

China Organizational Name Administration Center